Image Map

30.6.15

So It's Been a While

Yes. Over three months to be exact. So before I dive back into writing brilliant posts worthy of the next Pulitzer, here is a brief update. You know, what's gone on in the past 70-some-odd days.


London, baby!

April was a month of insane traveling. We went to London and Bath with my good friend Lauren, who was wonderful enough to come visit for two weeks. A few days after she left, Ben and I headed to Belgium for a friend's wedding. It was beautiful (partly because Mac had no part of the celebratory fun) and the reception was held at a chateau-like venue that was way too posh for the likes of me.  Friends of ours from DC then visited for ten days and we went to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber, one of our favorite spots in Germany. It was so nice to see Galen and Annie, and they deserve great praise for braving an international trip with two young children.


No groceries + stir-crazy = dinner date with toddler

Then, a week later, Ben left for five weeks. I could narrate, in detail, the events of those five long weeks, but you'd be pretty bored. I survived by eating horribly, by daily contemplating how to both exhaust Mac and talk to another adult, and by watching a lot of TV in the evenings. There you have it. Thank you to all my friends here who helped me stay sane and fed me real food. And thank you to the Landstuhl Post Office, which provided me with a reason to get out of the house and with the hope that maybe, just maybe, I'd get something in the mail. 

Exhaustion in the making

Ben returned home a week ago and it is truly wonderful to have him home, as you can imagine. For one, I'm beginning to get too large to carry a 30 lb. toddler. OH. Did I mention we're having another baby? Because we are! Due November 23rd, to be exact. We're thrilled: Ben has us traveling at three weeks postpartum, Mac has no clue, and I alternate between euphoric thoughts of "We've got this" and slightly darker thoughts of "What the &*%# were we thinking." I'm already trying to figure out how in the world we are going to manage traveling with two under two. Boy will I have some tips (read: stories of epic stress and failure) for you. It should all be great fun!


Mac is thrilled to have Dad back.

Mmmkay. Mac will probably wake up from his nap in t-minus 30 minutes, so I'm off to accomplish something Monumental. We're heading to the Netherlands on Thursday and I look forward to sharing stories and pictures yet again. 

'til next time.

2 comments :

  1. Have a blast on your trip!! And I love hearing about your time travels to the post office. Goes right along with me and Job's read for the day- "On The Banks of Plum Creek" ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much! Enjoy Job's book...what a wonderful flashback.

    ReplyDelete