Image Map

18.3.15

Beijing

Beijing. Where to even begin. Looking back at my trip, different images flash through my mind. Brilliantly red Spring Festival decorations crowning every door. The smell of delicious spices that I can't even name. My first experience with Sichuan peppers (imagine a sudden burst of citrus and your tongue going numb). The sound of a language so foreign to my ears that I found myself astounded that anyone could be fluent in it. The strange feeling that I was on a stage. All the time. It seems blue eyes make one an instant celebrity in Beijing. And a wonderful time spent with my sister and friends. I honestly have no clue how to write about all the different experiences I had in Beijing, so I've decided to let some of my pictures do the talking. Enjoy!

Tiananamen Square
Sausages and underwear
Lovely friends and the Temple of Heaven
The Great Wall
A ruined portion of the Great Wall. I think a different world awaits if you follow this.
I could have explored for hours.
The entrance to the Forbidden City
The Forbidden City
Hutong market
Gate to the Hutong market
Monkeys. On a bike. In the hutong.
A peek into one of the hutong doorways
Beijing street snacks
Hutong doorway decorated for Spring Festival
One of my favorite activities in Beijing was reading store signs.
Vibrant color was everywhere.
Temple of Heaven at dusk

A hot bowl of noodles on the way to the Great Wall. I cannot express how much I miss the food.
My sister and I by the National Center for the Performing Arts
A beautiful view of Houhai Lake. Taken one morning on a solitary stroll through the hutongs.
Sugar-glazed fruit. So yummy!
Taken in a bathroom stall complete with squat toilet. Use your imagination.

On that note, have a lovely day!

'til next time.

7 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! Soon we'll have our own pics to post!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! This was a really entertaining article -- it looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much John! I did have a fantastic time. Miss you, bro!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures!! You have inspired me to mess around with filters on my pics...miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way this is Lisa...don't know why it won't show my name...

      Delete
    2. I was wondering who the "unknown" was. Adds to your mystique:) Glad you like the pics! It took an ungodly amount of time to edit them because I have no idea what I am doing. So ya, leave yours be;)

      Delete